Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pre-Game

I turn 40 in exactly 14 days - 2 weeks!  In my mind, almost half my life is over and I'm starting the second half 70 lbs overweight.  Wow! I never thought I would admit that let alone share it with the world.  This blog is going to be my journey over the next year to go from Fat to Fit.  I can't promise that it's going to be a smooth ride, I've taken the trip several times in my life and never reached my destination.  I don't know that this time will be different but I'm hoping that sharing my experiences in this blog will both enlighten (no pun intended!) and inspire both me and my new "cyber-friends".

I have 2 weeks to get my act together before the countdown officially begins.  I travel A LOT for business and make every excuse in the book to avoid a treadmill or anything similar.  I found a local gym that offers small training sessions and nutritional counseling by appointment.  They require 3 sessions a week.  This is perfect for me, because I live my life by a calendar - if the appointments in there, I go.  I have my first training session on Friday.  Also on the activity front, my sister coaxed me into doing a 5K with her on Saturday.  It was the same day I signed up for training, so I must have been a little too ambitious because I wasn't thinking that I probably won't be able to move on Saturday.  But I'm doing it...did I mention she is 10 years younger than me and skinny!  I made her promise to walk with me and I'm going out to buy a cute outfit.  Who knows...maybe I'll try to jog.  GAME ON!
  

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat.
    Male 5'11" 328lbs and 41 in February

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the same boat.
    Male 5'11" 328lbs and 41 in February

    ReplyDelete